Laird Superfood grows email revenue 102% with Klaviyo personalization tools
How Laird Superfood expanded an already-great email program with Klaviyo
When Salem McLaughlin started as senior manager of ecommerce at Laird Superfood, the company already had Klaviyo up and running—and the previous year, email had driven 60% of total ecommerce revenue.
McLaughlin had never seen that KPI higher. As a longtime email consultant, he also noticed right away that Klaviyo was far from maxed out. The company hadn’t touched some of the CDP’s cutting-edge functionality.
“I’ve been to the Klaviyo conference, I’ve used Klaviyo for a lot of different clients, and I was coming from a consultant background, specifically around email,” McLaughlin says. “I like being able to come in and say, ‘Hey, you’re doing a lot of things really well, but here’s some things that we can do to even take it to the next level.’”
In his first full month on the job—November, the busiest month for ecommerce—McLaughlin made quick adjustments to Laird Superfood’s email and SMS program.
- He gave early access to Laird’s BFCM sale to 19K SMS subscribers and VIP email subscribers.
- He personalized email nudges to buy again, based on Klaviyo’s predicted repeat purchase timeline.
And it worked: In November 2022, Laird Superfood’s automated flow open rates jumped 25% YoY.
Next up, McLaughlin will focus on boosting customer lifetime value. He’s planning 3 major updates and tests:
- Self-serve segmentation: McLaughlin plans to add an interactive element to Laird Superfood’s welcome series, so subscribers can describe their palates up front and see more personalized—and hopefully better-converting—messaging.
- Loyalty reminders: Using Klaviyo’s Zembula integration, McLaughlin plans to send personalized emails reminding customers how close they are to unlocking rewards.
- Content-driven sign-up pages: Could email capture pages that spotlight inspirational content, like recipes—as opposed to discounts—attract higher-LTV customers? Klaviyo makes it easy to test and find out.
“I’ve used MailChimp. I’ve used Active Campaign. I’ve used ConstantContact. I’ve used almost every ESP you can think of, and I pretty much always recommend Klaviyo because of its ease of use, its ability to segment, its ability to automate, and its constant improvement,” McLaughlin says.