Klaviyo Cookie Notice
Updated December 9, 2022
Unless otherwise expressly stated, terms in this notice have the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Notice.
1. SCOPE OF NOTICE
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
3. WHAT WE COLLECT WHEN USING COOKIES
We may also collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us measure usage and activity trends for our online services and better understand our customer base. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to our Services. We also may collect location data, including general geographic location based on IP address.
We use the following types of cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the Services function. The legal basis for our use of strictly necessary cookies is our legitimate interests, namely being able to provide and maintain our Services.
(b) Functionality cookies. These enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in. The legal basis for our use of functionality cookies is our legitimate interests, namely being able to provide and maintain our Services.
(c) Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our Services, and to see how visitors move around our Services when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. If you are accessing our Services with a European IP address, you have been asked to consent to the use of these cookies (you are free to deny your consent).
(d) Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to track visitors across our Services. If you are accessing our Services with a European IP address, you have been asked to consent to the use of these cookies (you are free to deny your consent).
(e) Social Media Cookies. These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies, you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools. If you are accessing our Services with a European IP address, you have been asked to consent to the use of these cookies (you are free to deny your consent).
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA COOKIES
- The Services offer newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- The Services offer e-commerce or payment facilities, and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- When you submit data through a form, such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- In order to provide you with a great experience on the Services, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how the Services run when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a website page or the Klaviyo platform.
- We may also use the information we collect through cookies to understand your browsing activities, including across unaffiliated third-party sites, so that we can deliver information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Tracking technology used in emails helps us measure the effectiveness of our marketing email campaigns, make the emails we send to you more relevant to your interests and help us understand if you have opened and how you interacted with our email.
Please note that we link some of the personal information we collect through cookies with the other personal information that we collect about you and for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COOKIES
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to change the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser to: (i) notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies may negatively affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionalities and features of the Services.
Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if you want to reject cookies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser on each device you actively use. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
If you are located in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, you may take advantage of Your Online Choices. This service allows you to select tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. As such, it is recommended that you make use of this resource in addition to the information provided in this document.
You can also visit our cookie management tool to manage your cookie preferences:
cookie management tool
6. UPDATES TO THIS COOKIE NOTICE
We will update this Cookie Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Cookie Notice, we will change the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice. If we make material changes to this notice, we will notify you by prominently posting on our Services or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
7. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Cookie Notice or other privacy-related matters, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.