Use behavioral data to capture more sign-ups on your site
As a marketer, you work hard to get people to your website.
So when someone lands there, it’s imperative that they do something—whether that’s signing up to your email or SMS list, browsing new products, adding items to a cart, or clicking that coveted “purchase” button.
Otherwise, those pricey acquisition dollars get flushed down the drain—and in this economy, no one has the budget for that.
This is where tracking behavioral data, like site activity, becomes essential. If you don’t know whether or not someone took the action you wanted, how can you decide what to do next?
Here’s an IRL example: Bearpaw spotted a problem in the data they collected from their Klaviyo x BigCommerce integration—people were landing on their website and not subscribing to their lists. They jumped into action.
Unlock your data to implement targeted pop-ups that convert subscribers
When Bearpaw switched from Dotdigital to Klaviyo, the team was impressed with the sophistication and ease of use of Klaviyo’s BigCommerce integration—not to mention the impressive results it generated for the business in a mere 6 months.
Here’s how they used Klaviyo to grow:
- Activate the data you have: Using site activity data captured via the BigCommerce x Klaviyo integration, the Bearpaw team identified users who were leaving their site without subscribing to their list—and presented them with an exit pop-up offering an even bigger incentive to subscribe than their welcome pop-up.
- Connect with your customers: Bearpaw added a single text for SMS subscribers to the beginning of their email welcome flow, and drove strong engagement with the multi-channel flow.
- Guide your marketing efforts using smart features: Thanks to Klaviyo, the Bearpaw team is confident that their exit pop-up is performing well. Their submit rate is 2.7x the median for their closest peers, according to Klaviyo benchmarks—a feature that allows brands to analyze their account data in relation to best practices, industry trends, and companies similar to their own.
- Grow toward your goals: The team grew their email list by 48% YoY and their revenue by 39% YoY.
Don’t guess—confidently assess
It’s hard to measure the success of something new, for the very reason that it’s…new. If you’ve never done something before, you might not have a sense of what good, great, or bad looks like.
But the Klaviyo benchmarks feature removes the guesswork. And the best part is you don’t have to set anything up. It’s natively built in to your account, waiting to guide you toward smart optimizations.
- To access benchmarks, head to the Analytics tab. Select “Benchmarks”.
- Check that your industry and peer group configurations at the bottom of the feature are correct.
- Toggle between business performance, email campaign performance, SMS campaign performance, flow performance, and sign-up form performance to get a detailed view of your metrics related to Klaviyo best practices, industry trends, and companies similar to yours.