Add another channel and earn more revenue from existing flows
When something is working really well or out-performing your expectations, it’s easy to assume that it can’t possibly get any better. But that’s a trap.
Why? Because it closes you off from innovation and optimization.
Things can always improve. There’s always more to achieve. For brands that serve a diverse audience, thinking creatively about how to communicate and deliver new, evolving experiences can strengthen brand affinity and ultimately benefit your bottom line.
If you’ve only engaged with your audience via email and you’re knocking it out of the park, what might happen if you tag in text messaging, too? Or mobile push notifications from your app? What if you make some of your automations multi-channel? How much better could things get?
Dagne Dover decided to take a chance and find out.
Add SMS or push notifications to existing flows to drive message reinforcement and cross-channel conversions
As the cost of other marketing channels—like paid media—continue to rise, Dagne Dover sought to amp up power of the ones they directly control. With an email messaging strategy already firing on all cylinders, they turned to SMS next.
Here’s how Klaviyo’s framework came into the mix:
- Activate the data you have: Based on browsing behavior and purchase history collected via the Shopify Plus x Klaviyo integration and email message engagement, the team identified customers who were on the cusp of making a purchase.
- Connect with your customers: Dagne Dover started branching email-only automations with complementary SMS messages, upping the chance for conversion.
- Guide your marketing efforts using smart features: Using Klaviyo’s pre-built template library, the team can quickly pick text messages based on type, goal, or integration to optimize automations. Plus with Klaviyo’s quiet hours, Dagne Dover can automatically send texts that are appropriate for a customer’s time zone—easily remaining compliant with government regulations.
- Grow toward your goals: These changes help Dagne Dover drive 25% of their overall revenue from email and SMS each quarter.
Communicate more to make more
Klaviyo isn’t a one-trick pony. Because email, SMS, reviews, and mobile push are all part of the platform that powers smarter digital relationships, you can experiment with new methods of communication in a snap.
Take a look at how easy it is to add an SMS message to an existing email flow:
- Drag the conditional split component from the sidebar and drop it in an existing automation where you would like the split to occur.
- In the left-hand sidebar, define the logic for your conditional split. In order to receive an SMS message, someone must have consented to join your SMS list. So the split action would be, “Is consented to receive SMS”.
- Recipients who meet this condition will go down the YES path (and receive an SMS message), while those who don’t meet the condition will go down the NO path (and receive email only).
The key here is being strategic about how you combine different communication channels to maximize value. You don’t want to bombard your audience with the exact same message, at the same time, via email and text. Think about creating a messaging symphony—not a monotone.