Expanded API endpoints & transitioning to Klaviyo’s new APIs
Klaviyo is committed to improving the experience for developers.
In 2022, Klaviyo released:
- An improved developer portal making it easier to source developer-specific information so Klaviyo devs can get started, faster.
- A revamped API surface focusing on extensibility, scale, and connectivity to enable developers to build powerful experiences with Klaviyo.
- New developer tools to enhance the onboarding and building experience when you’re looking to create a new experience on top of Klaviyo.
- Established a developer community to provide networking, support, and marketing opportunities for Klaviyo developers to expand their businesses.
Today, we’re excited to announce Klaviyo’s API endpoint expansion enabling developers to build a wider array of personalized experiences.
Newly released endpoints: Tags, Data Privacy, and Campaigns APIs
We’re excited to release full CRUD functionality for our Tags API (in general availability), Data Privacy API (in general availability), and Campaigns API (open beta).
- Overview: Klaviyo’s tags can be used to group related Klaviyo components (e.g. group different types of campaigns such as product releases or announcements; group different lists together under a theme, such as holiday lists). Now you can integrate existing tags-based workflows into automations you build with our APIs by accessing tags, tag groups, and all related tagged items – like flows, campaigns, and more.
- Example: Brands can effectively access, organize, and update tags by using new CRUD operations to manage resources including campaigns and flows based on tags and tag groups.
- Overview: Developers will soon be able to programmatically create, update, and send email campaigns as well as make updates and check deliverability of said campaign during launch.
- Example: As a partner working with a brand, you can now programmatically create, update, and send email campaigns, make updates and check deliverability of campaigns during launch ensuring it aligns with your launch plan.
Data Privacy API
- Overview: Begin deleting a brand’s subscriber data depending on their affiliated marketing channel and company.
- Example: To adhere to GDPR, you can now delete profile records for GDPR “right to be forgotten” requests to stay compliant with your marketing messaging.