Klaviyo Releases Q3 2022 Business Trend Recap
Summer Shopping Season Demonstrates Consumer Resiliency in Challenging Macroeconomic Conditions
Klaviyo, a unified customer platform that provides data-driven marketing tools, including email and SMS for businesses, today released its Q3 2022 edition of its Business Trend Recap, which leverages data from Klaviyo’s customers for the latest insights into online shopping habits.
“In a retail environment where consumers have endless options, it’s crucial for e-commerce brands and business owners to have the tools they need to not only understand their customer base, but reach them in innovative and effective ways,” said Andrew Bialecki, CEO and co-founder of Klaviyo. “Particularly given the current dynamic macro-environment, businesses need to be nimble and adapt their marketing strategies to quickly and efficiently communicate their vision and messages at internet scale, enabling them to create the best experience and lasting relationships with their customers. Our ultimate vision is to provide our customers ownership—of their data, their relationships and their growth—and help them achieve their goals—whatever they may be.”
Top Klaviyo Q3 2022 Shopping Insights
Klaviyo combined insights from over 250 million global shoppers across more than 82 countries and territories powered by the company’s platform during Q3 2022—between July 1, 2022, and September 30, 2022. This quarter’s top highlights include:
- Year-to-date online spending remains up across the board—and Q3 2022 saw great consumer resiliency despite challenging economic conditions, both domestically and around the globe.
- In year-over-year comparisons, total order count, or the number of purchases made by consumers in a particular quarter, is up in every sales category except jewelry.
- Across all categories, total order count is up over 11% in Q3 2022 compared to the same period in 2021—and total order amount, how much money shoppers spent on online orders, is up about 20% year-over-year.
- Compared to last year Average Order Value (AOV), the average of how much shoppers spent on each order, was up by 12% in Q3 compared to Q3 of last year.
- Despite slowing down in the mid-summer, AOV was lifted nearly 27% this September compared to July—signaling an uptick in end-of-season shopping.
- Consumers continue to emphasize the importance of sustainability as it relates to their shopping habits.
- The median Klaviyo Attributed Value (KAV)—which is the amount of a customer’s revenue that can be attributed to Klaviyo—for entrepreneurial companies who mentioned sustainability in their communications was 4x and 3x higher than the median KAV of companies who did not in Q3 2021 & Q3 2022 respectively.
- The percentage of consumers purchasing from companies that talked about sustainability increased by 22% YoY.
Klaviyo’s platform is designed to make it even easier for brands to create and foster strong relationships and provide the best possible customer experience. With Klaviyo, brands can combine customer data with more than 220 native integrations to automate personalized email and SMS communications that make customers feel seen. Some of Klaviyo’s recent product enhancements include:
- API Enhancements: Klaviyo continues to focus on helping customers scale and customize their ecommerce operations by providing a leading developer experience. Klaviyo’s new and updated API endpoints now enable programmatic access and increased functionality to more of Klaviyo’s products.
- Google Ads Integration: The new Google Ads integration with Klaviyo allows brands to create one-to-one syncs between lists and segments in Klaviyo and their Google audiences.
- Enhanced A/B testing: This new framework allows customers to test different email content in flows and learn what resonates best with their audience to maximize performance.
To learn more about Klaviyo visit www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is a unified customer platform that gives online brands direct ownership of their consumer data and interactions, empowering them to turn transactions with customers into long-term relationships—at scale. With Klaviyo, brands can combine customer data with more than 220 native integrations to automate personalized email and SMS communications that make customers feel seen. Klaviyo makes it easy—no need to start from scratch, piece together multiple platforms, or rely on third-party marketplaces and ad networks. From mom-and-pop shops to established companies, innovative brands like Unilever, Living Proof, Solo Stove, Citizen Watches, and more than 100K other paying users leverage Klaviyo to acquire, engage, and retain customers—and grow on their own terms. Learn more at klaviyo.com.