Klaviyo Launches New Features for Building Custom Experiences
Latest releases include expanded APIs, direct integration with Google Ads, rule-based product recommendations, virtual contact cards, two-way SMS in the UK and Australia, and more
BOSTON, MA – September 15, 2022 – Klaviyo, a unified customer platform, today announced the roll out of a number of new features, including an expanded API surface and developer tooling, a direct integration with Google Ads, virtual contact cards for SMS, segment-level campaign reporting, upgraded product recommendations, two-way SMS in the UK and Australia, enhanced A/B testing, and a one-click way to convert emails to the new template editor. The new releases and advancements in existing capabilities make Klaviyo even more indispensable for businesses of all sizes, and all features are available to Klaviyo customers today.
“We believe that brands are most successful with a connected, open ecosystem. The more data you can easily integrate, analyze, and take action on, the more successful your business will be,” said Ed Hallen, co-founder and Chief Product Officer at Klaviyo. “These new releases will make it even easier for brands to provide the best possible customer experience, and create and foster strong relationships. We’re excited to see how developers and brands will choose to build with Klaviyo.”
The new capabilities released today include:
- API Enhancements: The new and updated API endpoints now enable programmatic access to more of Klaviyo’s products. Furthermore, we’re focused on helping scale and customize brands’ ecommerce operations by expanding developer access while providing a leading developer experience. This will give developers across brands, our ecosystem of partners, and freelancers more functionality as well as more flexible and efficient data processing in Klaviyo. Specifically, developers are now able to:
- Tailor Klaviyo to address business needs programmatically with expanded and improved APIs;
- More easily send and retrieve data to fully align customer data across your tech stack;
- Easily hydrate responses with compound documents and resource relationships; and
- Run more efficient queries, reducing API latency with sparse fieldsets.
- Google Ads Integration: The new Google Ads integration with Klaviyo enables brands to create one-to-one syncs between lists and segments in Klaviyo and their Google audiences. Once Klaviyo lists or segments are populated in Google Ads, the profiles can be targeted with specific ads, used as an input for a “similar audience,” or used as an exclusionary group for future ads to avoid advertising to specific groups, like recent customers.
- Virtual Contact Cards: Virtual contact cards allow SMS subscribers to save a brand’s contact information in their phone. This lets people see that texts are coming from that brand – rather than a random number – which helps boost brand recognition and engagement with future texts.
- Campaign Performance by Segment: This new reporting feature allows users to easily view their campaign metrics for each segment so they can understand how each segment is performing, in order to make strategic decisions about future communications. This helps brands make better decisions, improve customer experience, and improve deliverability.
- Rules-Based Product Recommendations: A redesign of our product recommendations toolkit, this new experience allows brands to select from a number of new rules-based sort orders (cart abandons, recently viewed items, and newest products) and filters (price and inventory), giving them more control over their promotions. And, it provides a more intuitive UX that makes it easy for users to configure product feeds and understand what their customers will see.
- Two-Way SMS in the UK and Australia: Brands could already use Klaviyo SMS to communicate directly with their customers conversationally in the USA and Canada. We’ve brought the same two-way SMS functionality to subscribers based in the United Kingdom and Australia. Now, brands in these regions can receive and respond to text messages from customers in Klaviyo, or use integrations with Gorgias and Zendesk to turn texts into support tickets.
- Enhanced A/B testing: This new, easy-to-use framework allows users to test different email content in flows and learn what resonates best with their audience to maximize performance. Users are able to add variations to an email in flows, testing elements like calls to action, emojis, images and GIFs. Similar to campaign A/B testing and form A/B testing, users are able to understand what content works better and set up criteria for when the test should end, instead of manually checking the test to see if it’s ready to end.
- New Email Template Editor Conversion: Brands can now convert any template, campaign, or flow email from the classic email builder into the new one — in one click. After an email is converted to the new editor, it can also be reverted back to the classic editor if brands aren’t ready to build in the new editor yet.
To learn more about these innovative new features that help businesses of all sizes own their growth, visit https://www.klaviyo.com/product/kpe.
Klaviyo is a unified customer platform that gives online brands direct ownership of their consumer data and interactions, empowering them to turn transactions with customers into long-term relationships—at scale. With Klaviyo, brands can combine customer data with more than 220 native integrations to automate personalized email and SMS communications that make customers feel seen. Klaviyo makes it easy—no need to start from scratch, piece together multiple platforms, or rely on third-party marketplaces and ad networks. From mom-and-pop shops to established companies, innovative brands like Unilever, Dermalogica, Solo Stove, Citizen Watches, and more than 100K other paying users leverage Klaviyo to acquire, engage, and retain customers—and grow on their own terms. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.