Heat Transfer Warehouse leverages Klaviyo email and SMS to drive a 12% revenue lift
In 2010, Kirk Anton founded Heat Transfer Warehouse with the goal of becoming the best source for all heat transfer products. Today, the company’s mission is “to help people along their journey to grow as a crafter,” explains Anton, chief visionary and founder. “We try to guide them along the way to maybe make it their full-time business, too.”
Heat Transfer Warehouse started out with a few heat transfer vinyl items on their website. Since then, they’ve expanded their product line to include printing equipment, dye sublimation, and accessories—helping every creator at every stage with their custom design needs.
How Heat Transfer Warehouse uses segmentation to reach the right customers
Heat Transfer Warehouse was having difficulty identifying where someone was in their customer journey—what they were interested in, what they were buying, and what they’d need in the future. The company needed a solution that could bring all their data together so that they could not only understand their customers better, but also send more timely, relevant messages.
Klaviyo email and SMS, together, have allowed Heat Transfer Warehouse to gather insights about their customers and communicate with them accordingly. They’re now able to send tailored communications to the right people based on their needs and where they are in their crafting journey.
“Segments have really helped us figure out our customer base and what they’re all doing,” explains Sasha Ness, web and marketing lead at Heat Transfer Warehouse. “I would love to talk to each and every customer individually, but that’s a lot of people. Using segments makes our marketing feel really personalized, like we’re talking to customers 1:1.”
In Klaviyo, data on past purchasing behavior informs Heat Transfer Warehouse’s customer segments.
- The company uses Klaviyo’s segmentation to send automated flows and promotional campaigns to targeted groups of customers who may be interested in buying related or complementary crafting products.
- The team uses email for things like newsletters and education across different crafting topics, and SMS for delivering exclusive discounts to VIPs, as well as abandoned cart and back-in-stock notifications.
“There are 5-10% of your customers who really, really passionately care about new products,” Anton explains. “They will sign up for your texts and they will buy as soon as that text comes through. It’s been awesome to see how Klaviyo has helped us reach our most loyal customers.”
- 12% revenue lift after implementing Klaviyo
- 24% of all revenue comes from email and SMS
- 25% increase in abandoned cart engagement
- 48% increase in email open rates