Pull customers down-funnel with tailor-made experiences
In ecommerce, data-informed marketing is crucial for creating positive customer journeys that drive online sales.
If you value customization and extensibility—like many WooCommerce merchants do—it can be tricky to close the gap between user behavior and outbound marketing. That’s because your marketing platform has to be intelligent enough to work in step with your custom-built store.
WooCommerce brands have found their like-minded partner in Klaviyo. It’s easy to integrate the two platforms and hit the ground running toward building brand affinity and customer loyalty, because Klaviyo’s open-source API framework aligns so well with the DIY culture of WordPress and WooCommerce.
That all sounds good and well, but how do you actually make it happen? Take a look at KaisaFit’s approach.
Tailor web and marketing experiences to your audiences’ actions with an extensible, flexible platform
To grow their marketing list, KaisaFit offers free workout content in exchange for email addresses. But a bigger priority is turning those free users into paying customers.
Here’s how KaisaFit uses Klaviyo’s platform to do that:
- Activate the data you have: KaisaFit used WooCommerce site activity data to separate leads into two cohorts—people who completed a workout, and those who hadn’t yet.
- Connect with your customers: In addition to social media—personal trainer Kaisa Keranen, the face of KaisaFit, has over 1M followers on Instagram—the brand communicates with their audience via email.
- Guide your marketing efforts using smart features: KaisaFit set up an API trigger between Klaviyo and WooCommerce that alerts Klaviyo when someone starts a workout and again when they complete it. Based on those actions, they can branch an email automation to send different messages to the people who start their workout but don’t complete it, vs. those who make it all the way through.
- Grow toward your goals: With this custom automation, KaisaFit nurtures free users, encouraging them to complete a class, while nudging those who’ve already crossed that milestone closer and closer toward a full-fledged membership.
Make marketing scalability and flexibility a reality for your custom store
Start to finish, the Klaviyo + WooCommerce integration process contains 4 simple steps:
- Install the Klaviyo plug-in in your WooCommerce store.
- Enable the WooCommerce integration in Klaviyo using the Klaviyo installation wizard.
- Test the integration with a dummy check-out.
- Troubleshoot any issues you’re having.
That’s really it. All the historical data from your WooCommerce store integrates with Klaviyo in just a few clicks. By using the behavior signals their subscribers provide them, KaisaFit matches someone’s interest in their program to the brand experience they receive. You can too.