Grow off-season revenue by easily tapping into lookalike audiences
If you’re a downhill ski shop that sells boots and equipment, the summer months probably feel like a ghost town in your store.
Or if you’re a swimsuit brand, you likely experience a chill in sales when temps plummet.
Experiencing seasonal spikes and dips is a common obstacle brands face. But the typical rhythms of seasonality don’t have to prevent your business from connecting with—and providing value to—new or existing customers.
With access to all your customer data (both historical and real-time) and intuitive tools that make it easy to act on your data, you can proactively expand your audience—and potentially your revenue. All it takes is a dash of creativity and the Klaviyo platform.
Here’s how AriZona Beverage Co. used Klaviyo’s foolproof 4-step formula to combat seasonal fatigue.
Activate your data to grow your business year round—even when sales are historically slow
During their off season, AriZona decided to create a buzzy online contest. To enter, users built their own iced tea flavor and submitted it along with their email address for a chance to win $10K and have their flavor go to market.
Here’s where Klaviyo came in:
- Activate the data you have: Using Klaviyo’s Facebook integration, the team promoted the contest to lookalike audiences based on their existing email list. Of the 27K entrants, 15.7K were net-new email addresses.
- Connect with your customers: AriZona sent their existing subscribers flows and campaigns across email and SMS a month before the contest to boost awareness.
- Guide your marketing efforts using smart features: They connected the browser-based app where the users built their flavors to Klaviyo’s API so the “thank you for submission” automations were dynamically coded with personalized content.
- Grow toward your goals: AriZona Beverage Co. drove 201% YoY growth in Klaviyo-attributed revenue in Q4 2022 because of the contest.
Expand your well and find lookalikes of your best customers
With Klaviyo, there’s no guesswork when it comes to identifying who might be the best people to target with your marketing messages on Facebook.
Klaviyo’s Facebook integration allows you to use your lists and segments to create custom audiences and lookalike audiences directly in Facebook—putting your paid ad spend to strategic use and making wasted dollars a thing of the past.
- After you’ve configured your Facebook integration and confirmed it in Klaviyo, the platform will prompt you to choose which advertising account you want to connect with in order to sync custom audiences. Select your business’s Facebook page.
- Select a Klaviyo list or segment from the first dropdown menu, then select a Facebook custom audience from the second dropdown. You can create multiple custom audience syncs.
- Make sure the Facebook page you want to sync lead ads for is selected from the dropdown.
- To create your first connection, select a Facebook lead ad from the corresponding dropdown, then select a Klaviyo list from the corresponding dropdown.
- Click the “Subscriptions” dropdown and select whether to subscribe customers who fill out the lead ad form to your email or SMS lists, or neither (“Do not subscribe”).