At the end of July, we launched Klaviyo’s Owned Growth Stories program. In order to enter the program, applicants needed to share how they took back control of the customer experience to own their brand’s growth. The grand prize: $5,000, plus bragging rights. Fast forward to today and we have our winner.
But before we unveil the winner of the program, take a look at how much competition they faced:
- 175 brands entered and told us how they owned their growth
- Five finalists were selected and each won a trip to Boston for Klaviyo:BOS
- 4,000 combined views of the five finalist videos
- Over 3,000 individuals cast a vote
In an effort to diversify how the winner was determined, a weighted voting approach was developed. Here’s that breakdown:
- 25 percent based on the total number of video views
- 25 percent based on the total number of votes received
- 50 percent based on internal Klaviyo judging as to which brand clearly articulated their growth story the best. Everyone within Klaviyo had a chance to vote for which company they thought owned their growth the best (and yes, this made for some great water cooler talk).
After all of the votes were tallied and weighted we had our winner.
And the award goes to… Norman Love Confections based in Fort Myers, Florida!
A bit of background on the company. Norman Love worked as a pastry chef for The Ritz-Carlton for over 15 years. As part of his job, he traveled around the world for more than 45 weeks a year managing pastry production. The constant travel took Norman away from his family which is why he started Norman Love Confections. Applying what he learned at the Ritz-Carlton, Norman has built a strong, growing business with over 125 employees, five store locations, and a fast-growing ecommerce business.
“I honestly can’t express how grateful we are to have won Klaviyo’s Owned Growth Stories contest,” Norman Love told us. “It was an honor just getting the opportunity to share our story alongside the other incredible finalists – actually being selected as the winner is surreal!”
We asked Norman how they will use the $5,000 prize and he told us that “it will enable us to make a serious investment in improving the quality of our photography. Our product is incredibly aesthetic, and it’s felt like we’ve never been able to do it justice by doing all of our photography in-house.”
Well, that’s a wrap! Congratulations again to Norman Love Connections, and a giant thank you to all the brands who participated in our owned growth stories program. We’re so thrilled with the results, we’ve already started discussing our next round in 2020. Stay tuned for more!
Follow the Owned Growth Stories page and sign up for our email below to be the first one to know when next year’s program goes live.Back to Blog Home